Monday, September 17, 2007

VWP = 21 and smoking update

In just 3 weeks from today I will once again be in the dreamy adult playland that is Vegas! My only anxiety being that I have not quit smoking and being in Vegas and wanting to smoke when I'm deep in the process of quiting scares me. I say bring on the cocktails and maybe I'll be able to forget I was once a smoker.

I started with the patch but after about 20 minutes my heart started to race and my body did not feel right at all. It had to come off. On the positive side I have been able to keep myself at 6 smokes a day since. Much better then my 20 a day before. Although I have not quit this is the longest I've been able to go keeping myself at a relatively low level. I am feeling very positive about this step down and feel on the road to kicking this nasty monkey off my back.

More quiting updates and VWP countdowns to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude! I am soooo proud of you! The key to quitting is to never give up trying, so don't waste time beating yourself up if you slip, just start anew and all will be well.

Now, maybe others shall be shamed into re-quitting. (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!)

And THIS innocent former smoker shall no longer be tempted--okay, HAPPY, even--to backslide into a relatively harmless, perfectly satisfying candy cigarette binge.

Hmmm...now that I have a chance to ponder, are you SURE you want to quit now? I am belatedly realizing how I am going to lose my convenient excuse to indulge myself, and thus, my reason for indulgence.

Damn you!

Anonymous said...

But you look so dashing with that cigarette in your mouth!