Tuesday, September 26, 2006

3 weeks from today

The VWP continues to countdown. In just 3 weeks from today I'll be checking into the Mirage. The excitement continues to build. Friends and family that have been through previous VWPs must dread the last couple of weeks because I become just a little too excited about my Vegas trips. In many ways I think that the build up is almost as exciting as the trip it's self.

Of all the trips I've taken to Vegas I've only hit it big once, at the Mirage playing Let it Ride. I can't wait to pop down at a table and see if the Mirage will bless me again with the ability to actually bring some money home after a Vegas trip. Although few things in life are as nice as buying drinks and nibbly bits of food for one's parents while claiming "let's let the Mirage pay for this round".

One of the great things about being born into the Davey family is acquiring a love of Indian food. One of the activities we have planned for this trip is a visit to Gaylord an Indian restaurant at the Rio. I'm hoping it's extra spicy as it can be difficult to find Indian restaurants that serve food to an authentic spice level. While I understand that could run a place out of business given this country's non-spicy food it makes it challenging to find good Indian food.

Ok, time to stop thinking about Vegas for a couple of hours at least.

No comments: